Hands up if you love lead generation?
Lead generation doesn’t always get much love from marketers, yet it is one of the most essential aspects of the job.
The issue with lead generation is that it is considered hard work, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be. With so many automated tools and easily accessible expert advice, planning your content marketing strategy and delivering leads to your business doesn’t have to be a headache.
We’ve gathered some key statistics to help you see lead generation in a different light. Dive in!
5 general facts on B2B lead generations statistics
- 91% of marketers say that lead generation is their most important goal (Source: Ruler Analytics)
- Over 40% of businesses describe their business’ current sales and marketing efforts as outdated – relying on traditional methods to acquire new leads (Source: Forbes)
- The average cost per lead in the technology industry is $208 (Source: CloudTask)
- Studies show that businesses who respond to leads in five minutes or less are 100x more likely to connect and convert opportunities (Source: Chilipiper.com)
- Telecommunications companies’ average response time to a Web Lead submission is 16 minutes, the lowest of any industry (Source: Geckoboard)
5 organic search statistics
- On average, companies with blogs produce +67% leads per month (Source: Demand Metric)
- On the first page alone, the first five results account for 67.60% of all the clicks. (Source: Zero Limit Web)
- 73% of content marketing teams use an SEO tool. (Source: highervisibility)
- 3% of web traffic is now mobile, so it’s essential that your website is mobile friendly (Source: TechJury)
- 76% of people who search for something nearby on their smartphones visit a related business within a day, and 28% of those searches results in a purchase (Source: Google)
5 automated lead generation tool statistics
- 80% of companies saw an increase in leads through marketing automation. (Source: 99firms)
- The best tactics for automation are mapping the customer experience (53%) and use of personalized messages (51%) (Source: LinkedIn)
- Email automation campaigns are among the top three tactics used by email marketers to improve performance (Source: Popupsmart)
- 41% of marketers believe that following up with leads is the biggest challenge to lead conversion (Source: Profitblitz)
- Outbound leads cost 39% more than inbound leads, proving automation is a cheaper and more effective option (Source: Hubspot)
5 social media lead generation statistics
- 87% of manufacturing marketers indicate their organisation uses LinkedIn for content marketing purposes (Source: CMI 2021 Benchmarks, budgets and trends)
- LinkedIn is responsible for 80% of B2B leads (Source: Oktopost)
- InMail response rate is three times higher than a regular email. (Source: LinkedIn)
Which is why you should always use LinkedIn InMail templates!
- One billion people use Instagram every month (and half of them use it every day) (Source: Hootsuite)
- Leads developed through employees’ social media activities convert 7 times more frequently than other leads (Source: Entrepreneur)
Here are some of the key trends to emerge from these statistics:
- Automation tools are a must have. Not only are they cheaper, but they are more effective than manual approaches. As they say “Work smarter, not harder”.
- The other massive difference is the power of social media, not just being present on it, but leveraging the tools and channels they provide, such as LinkedIn InMail to create a solid B2B social selling strategy.
If you’re a B2B agency looking to expand your content marketing strategy or develop your lead generation reach, we are available at [email protected], get in touch!