Three top reasons tech B2B companies should use social media
2020 demonstrated how important it was for tech B2B businesses to communicate with their customers as people. Our recent report found out that empathy helped many marketers break through the clutter and engage their audiences more effectively.
One of the easiest ways to do this is by humanising your company through social media channels. If your goal is to showcase your company’s culture to prospective employees, you might want to use Instagram, where you let your audience see how you run your business, office (or home-office) routines and the people behind the achievements. Instagram reports that more than 200 million users visit at least one business profile a day. It can be a great way to attract talent to your company.
You can drive traffic to your website. The power of social media is that it enables your audience to express their faith in your brand, and this can be as simple as retweeting one of your posts. Considering that 92% of all Twitter interaction is users clicking on links, we can agree that a retweet in an app with 330 million monthly active users won’t do your website traffic any harm.
But did you know that social media is great for lead generation too? Last year, WPromote stated that 80% of the B2B marketers surveyed considered social media their most successful lead channel. LinkedIn, a platform that counts 63 million decision-makers among its users, is ideal for engaging with possible B2B buyers. 79% of B2B marketers view LinkedIn as an effective source for generating B2B leads. All you need to do is start the conversation. Or even continue it! Remember, social media is a two-way communication platform.
Olivia of IoT BoomBoom was excited by the possibilities – read our comic to see how she convinced her management to get on board.
If you would like to learn more about how social media can help your social media campaign, contact: [email protected]
- Global social media stats: https://datareportal.com/social-media-users
- Social Media Best Practices for B2B Businesses: https://www.gartner.com/en/digital-markets/insights/social-media-best-practices-for-b2b-businesses-
- The Top 10 B2B Marketing Strategy Trends Of 2020: https://www.wpromote.com/blog/digital-marketing/top-10-b2b-marketing-trends-2020
- Millennial B2B report: https://madewithmerit.com/reports/Millennial_B2B-Report-Merit.pdf
- New IDC Study Reveals That the Most Senior and Influential B2B Buyers Use Online Social Networks in Their Purchase Process: businesswire.com/news/home/20140915006303/en/New-IDC-Study-Reveals-Senior-Influential-B2B
- The top tech content marketing trends: https://www.isolinecomms.com/tech-b2b-buyer-survey/