Content is king. If you’re in tech B2B marketing, chances are you’ve heard this a few hundred times, but it is as true now as it was in 1996 when Bill Gates wrote it.
We can see the power of content marketing in the current tech marketing ecosystem, and the competitive advantage it offers to companies that know how to exploit it.
But how can you make sure your content is effective? There is no one-size-fits-all, but the best way is to set SMART and achievable return on investment (ROI) goals and track them, measuring them against your targets.
You can calculate your ROI in many ways, depending on your objectives and the content type. For instance, calculating a website’s ROI may include checking out click-through rates (CTR), conversions, and lead generation, whilst for social media, you might want to look at engagement rates and reach.
If you’re looking for reasons to invest in tech content marketing, look no further. We have the latest figures to demonstrate why B2B content marketing is the future of this digitally-driven world.
5 general statistics on content marketing ROI
- 43% of B2B companies do not measure their content marketing ROI (Source: Content marketing Institute 2020 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends-North America)
- 27% of B2B marketers say they do not know how to measure ROI, while 21% feel the process consumes too much of their time (Source: Search Engine Watch)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional advertising and generates three times the leads (Source: Content Hacker)
- Only 35% of marketers said that understanding the ROI of their campaigns is “Very important” or “Extremely important” (Source: Hubspot Not Another State of Marketing Report)
- Videos (55%) and webinars (54%) are the most preferred types of content for B2B buyers (Source: Isoline’s 2022 survey)
5 statistics on ROI content types and channels
- 71% of B2B buyers said that they consume blog content when deciding whether to purchase a product or service (Source: Demand Gen 2018 Content preferences survey report)
- 74% of marketers find video has a better return on investment than static imagery (Source: Biteable)
- The average landing page conversion rate is 2.35% (Source: WordStream)
- For every dollar spent on email marketing, businesses get an ROI of $40 (Source: Content Writing Jobs)
- Over 40% of marketers cited Facebook as the most effective channel for their business’s ROI (Source: Hubspot)
5 ROI statistics to hard-sell content marketing
- The most successful B2B companies spend nearly 40% of their marketing budget on content marketing (Source: DemandJump)
- A consumer engages with an average of 11.4 pieces of content before making a purchase. (Source: ly)
- SEO marketing has an average ROI of 22:1 (or 2,200%!) (Source: Marion)
- Email marketing has an average ROI of 42:1 (or 4,200%!) (Source: Marion)
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to drive positive ROI (Source: Content Writing Jobs)
If content marketing could speak for itself, it’d say:
The statistics speak for themselves and although there are many ways to increase your tech B2B marketing’s ROI, evidence shows that content marketing remains the primary source.
Need help defining your tech content marketing strategy? We can help you create high ROI content, just get in touch with us at [email protected].
Isoline Communications has been selected among the top digital marketing agencies in London by DesignRush