Why TikTok should be part of your B2B content marketing plan

TikTok B2B content marketing

Why do B2B marketers fear TikTok? The app may be filled with dancing and comedy, but it can still be a powerful tool for businesses.

Whether, like me, you spend hours mindlessly scrolling TikTok or you’ve never even downloaded the app, there is something to be learned about the power of TikTok for B2B businesses. But many people don’t see TikTok as a worthwhile investment for content marketing and aren’t sure how the platform could work for a B2B marketing strategy.

That’s why I’ve laid out all the reasons you should utilise TikTok in your B2B content marketing plan.

1. Virality is more accessible

One of the best and most unique things about TikTok is its mysterious and highly personalised algorithm. Of course there are TikTok creators with large followings, but this isn’t necessary to attract an audience. A Tweet or LinkedIn post to an account with few followers doesn’t have a high chance of gaining traction. For TikToks, the odds aren’t so low.

Going viral is less to do with your following and more with the content you are producing. This means you don’t have to have a very strong base to reach a lot of people. The magical ‘For You Page’ shows content to those it thinks will enjoy it based on their previous interactions and therefore are more likely to engage with it.

Now, this doesn’t mean every single video you post will get millions of views. But it does mean you can focus more on creating the right content and let TikTok do the rest of the work.

2. TikTok rewards creativity

Another way the algorithm benefits B2B businesses is that it supports the content being created over the size of the creator posting it. So, if you’re posting creative, unique, quality content, the algorithm rewards that. And with the high levels of engagement TikTok pulls in, there really isn’t a way to lose out. TikTok comes out on top, with an average engagement rate of 5.96% in 2021, and the next highest platform being Instagram with 0.83%.

This gives companies the freedom to get more creative with their content. There is no perfect recipe for a TikTok to succeed or do well, but the more authentic and engaging your content is, the more likely it is to reach a larger audience.

So go crazy, try new ideas, and see what TikTok responds to.


Definitely the most important responsibilities an account exec undertakes #accountexecutive #agencylife

♬ original sound – kardash_clips

3. Expand your audience

Many shy away from TikTok because it seems to be a young person’s game. And whilst Gen Z do make up a large amount of the user base, this isn’t something businesses should hide from. By 2025, Gen Z will make up 27% of the workforce. Whether you’re attracting buyers or talent, it would be a mistake to count out the younger generation.

But TikTok isn’t just for younger people. It’s true that 41.7% of TikTok users are aged 18-24, but that still leaves the other (and older) 58.3%. With the possibility TikTok has for engagement and virality, don’t let misconceptions about the demographic turn you away. The platform gives you the chance to reach those in your target audience you may not have previously. You can also showcase yourself as a current and up-to-date company, something important to both buyers and potential employees.

4. Personalise your brand

For many B2B businesses, the thought of getting personal might turn you away. But the truth is, despite the title ‘business to business’, it’s people who are making the decisions. And people like people.

Rather than being a faceless organisation, giving your business some character allows people to connect with you who are as a company. This is not only great for buyers who can get a feel for who you are and how you work, but it also boosts your employer profile.

Before you run away screaming, this doesn’t mean you need to start filming dance videos in the office. It just means that TikTok offers the opportunity to connect with your audience on a more personal level, and rewards creators who do so.

Whether you dance or not is up to you.

Take the leap

TikTok doesn’t have to be scary, it can be a great way of expanding and connecting with your audience. And it isn’t just limited to B2C. B2B content marketing strategies should be including TikTok, and if they aren’t already, they soon will be. As the amount of TikTok users continues to grow, it’s only a matter of time before the stragglers start creating content. Don’t be the last to the party. Expand your content marketing plan with TikTok.

If you would like to discuss how Isoline could help your content marketing strategy, reach out at hello@isolinecomms.com